Diagnosis and treatment of head and neck tumors (Electronic educational course, 36 hours)
Category of students: doctors-specialists in the areas of training: Oncology, Surgery, Maxillofacial surgery, Plastic surgery, General medical practice, (family medicine), "Medical business".
The complexity of the program: 36 academic hours.
Form of training: distance learning by means of an electronic educational environment with the use of interactive communication technologies.
Head and neck tumors are an urgent problem of modern oncology, as they occupy the 6th place among all malignant tumors. The incidence of this pathology is constantly growing all over the world and the tumor process affects functionally and aesthetically significant organs. Despite efforts in the field of prevention and early diagnosis, tumors of the head and neck organs are diagnosed in 70% in the 3rd-4th stage of morbidity. This, on the one hand, determines the poor prognosis in most patients, despite the modern comprehensive approach to treatment, and on the other-the need to use modern reconstructive technologies for aesthetic and functional rehabilitation of the patient and subsequent social adaptation. A feature of head and neck tumors is their significant diversity depending on the localization of the tumor process and its morphological structure, which determines the variety of clinical symptoms, the course of the tumor process, the frequency and nature of regional metastasis, the choice of the scope of surgery and treatment approaches, as well as the prognosis. In this regard, tumors of different localities in the head and neck are considered separately from each other, as this better helps to develop optimal methods of treatment and reconstruction, which ultimately improves the prognosis for oncological and social prognosis for patients.
As part of the course, after mastering the advanced training program, as well as interactive forms of training (video lectures, broadcasts from operating rooms, interactive clinical analyses), students will acquire new knowledge about the etiology, frequency and prevalence of head and neck tumors, their clinical manifestations, methods of diagnosis, treatment, reconstruction and rehabilitation. The following localizations will be considered: tumors of the skin, thyroid gland, salivary glands,oral cavity, mouth and larynx, larynx, nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses, bones of the upper and lower jaw.
As part of the course, we:
1. We will tell you about the methods of treatment, the criteria for choosing the method of defect reconstruction in basal cell carcinoma of the scalp and neck.
2. We will discuss the principles, methodology and indications for radiation and chemoradiotherapy for head and neck tumors.
3. We will talk about the current possibilities of drug therapy for localized and disseminated squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck.
4. We will discuss the practical aspects of combined and complex treatment of the head and neck organs (depending on the location and stage of squamous cell carcinoma).
5. We will tell you about the choice of treatment tactics and prognosis for cancer of the oropharynx and larynx.
6. We will tell you about the diagnosis, treatment, reconstructive operations, with epithelial and non-epithelial malignant tumors of the jaws.
7. We will discuss the choice of the reconstruction method for cancer of the oral mucosa.
9. We will tell you about the modern principles of diagnosis and staging of thyroid tumors.
11. Let's talk about the surgical treatment of thyroid tumors.
12. We will discuss the issues of modern drug and radioisotope therapy for highly differentiated, medular and anaplastic thyroid cancer.
13. Let's talk about the diagnosis and treatment of metastatic brain tumors.
The goal of the program is to improve the knowledge of specialists on the diagnosis and options for drug and surgical treatment of head and neck tumors. Informing specialists about the use of modern possibilities of chemotherapy, hormone therapy, biological therapy, radiation therapy, combined and complex methods of treatment and criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of these methods, features of reconstructive operations.
Speakers of the professional development cycle:
- Sevil Bagaturovna Aliyeva, MD, Senior Researcher at the Blokhin National Research Medical Center of Oncology, Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.
- Kropotov Mikhail Alekseevich, MD, surgeon-oncologist of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM
- David RomanovichNaskhletashvili, Ph. D., Leading chemotherapist-neuro-oncologist of Russia, Senior Researcher of the Department of Neurosurgical (Oncological) of the N. N. Blokhin Russian Research Center of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences»
- Ilya Stanislavovich Romanov, MD, Professor, Associate Professor of the Department of Oncology of the Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University, oncologist, surgeon of the N. N. Blokhin National Research Medical Center of Oncology of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.
- Ilya Feidorov-Researcher at the Center for Endocrine and Metabolic Surgery, doctor-surgeon.