Oncourology (Electronic educational course, 36 hours)
Category of students: doctors-specialists in the areas of training: Urology, Oncology, General medical practice, (family medicine), "Medical business".
The complexity of the program: 36 academic hours.
Form of study: correspondence with the use of distance learning by means of electronic educational environment with and interactive communication technologies.
In the last decade, there has been an increase in cases of oncourological morbidity. For example, according to various studies, kidney cancer accounts for 2 to 3% of all cases and is on the 8th place in men and on the 11th place in women among oncological diseases. Due to the development of modern diagnostic methods, it is possible to detect kidney cancer at an early stage. This allows oncologists to start drug treatment at an early stage and use the most effective treatment regimens. Kidney cancer remains one of the most resistant to chemotherapy (XT) tumors, due to the overexpression of the multidrug resistance (MDR) gene. However, currently, more effective targeted drugs and immunopreparations are used in clinical practice, and we will tell you about the features of their use in our course.
Bladder cancer ranks 10th in terms of the prevalence of newly diagnosed cases and 13th in terms of mortality among all oncological diseases. 90% of all urothelial cancers originate in the bladder. The prognosis for treatment of bladder cancer depends on the prevalence of the process, over the past 20 years, the rate of 5-year survival is kept at 6%. Currently, many studies have been conducted in the field of the use of new drugs and chemotherapy regimens, and new data have been obtained on the possibilities of immunotherapy for bladder cancer.
Hormone-sensitive metastatic prostate cancer plays an important role in the structure of oncourological diseases. Today, the drug treatment of this type of cancer is actively developing harmony therapy, in recent years, several large international studies have been carried out, the results of which we will demonstrate and comment on in our course.
Recently, new data have emerged on the treatment of penile cancer and rare germinogenic testicular tumors.
The purpose of the program is to improve the knowledge of specialists on modern oncourology: differential diagnosis and treatment of kidney cancer, bladder cancer, prostate and penile cancer, germinogenic testicular tumors. Informing specialists about the use of modern possibilities of chemotherapy, hormone therapy, biological therapy, radiation therapy, combined and complex methods of treatment and criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of these methods.
As part of the course, we:
- We will analyze the issues of epidemiology, pathogenesis, risk factors, early and differential diagnosis, staging of kidney cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, penile cancer and germinogenic tumors.
- We will study the features of drug therapy of various forms of cancer of the urological organs.
- We will tell you about the features of the treatment regimens for bladder cancer with combined first-and second-line drugs, and discuss their effectiveness.
- We will discuss the role of molecular genetic and biochemical markers in the diagnosis and prognosis of prostate cancer.
- We will discuss the role of hormone therapy for metastatic prostate cancer.
- Let's analyze the features of the drug treatment of castration-refractory prostate cancer.
- We will tell you about the general principles of diagnosis, drug and surgical treatment of penile cancer and the most common metastatic lesions in it.
- We will discuss the principles of diagnosis and drug treatment of early and common stages of germinogenic testicular tumors.
Speakers of the advanced training course:
- Volkova Maria Igorevna, MD, oncologist, urologist, Leading researcher of the N. N. Blokhin National Research Center of Oncology of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.
- Gazaryan Mikhail Araratovich, urologist, oncologist of the Department of Urology of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM.
- Rustem Ayratovich Gafanov, PhD, Senior Researcher of the Department of Complex Diagnostics and Treatment of Diseases of the Genitourinary System in Adults and Children, Federal State Budgetary Institution "Russian Scientific Center of Radiology" of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Federal State Budgetary Institution "RSCRR" of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.
- Maxim Borisovich Zingerenko, Head of the Department of Urology, urologist of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Scientific Research Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM;
- Lakhno Dmitry Aleksandrovich, Ph. D., urologist, oncologist of the Department of Urology of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM.
- Alexey A. Tryakin, MD, Head of the day hospital for oncological profile, oncologist of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM;
- Vitaly Chernyaev, PhD, oncologist, Urologist, Senior Researcher of the Urological Department of the Research Institute of Clinical Oncology of the N. N. Blokhin National Research Center of Oncology of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.