Laryngeal cancerMay 14, 2020
Laryngeal cancer is a malignant neoplasm of the larynx that originates from epithelial tissue. In 98% of cases, laryngeal tumors are represented by squamous cell carcinoma.
Who is at risk?
- men 40-60 years old;
- persons who abuse alcoholic beverages,
- persons whose work takes place in conditions of dust, high temperature, high content of tobacco smoke, benzene, petroleum products, soot, phenolic resins;
- long-term sufferers of chronic laryngitis;
- persons with the presence of precancerous diseases: dyskeratosis, pachyderma, papilloma, leukoplakia
You can suspect the disease if the following symptoms occur:
- Pain when swallowing, radiating to the ear
- The feeling of "coma", "foreign body" when swallowing. When the tumor grows, it becomes difficult to swallow
- Voice change (hoarseness)
With further growth, the tumor blocks the lumen of the larynx, resulting in difficulty breathing, and with the collapse of the tumor-hemoptysis and putrid breath. With the appearance of dense nodular formations on the neck, a metastatic lesion of the lymph nodes should be suspected.
Diagnosis of laryngeal cancer is carried out by conducting the following studies:
- Neoplasm biopsy with morphological examination
- Computed tomography of the neck and thoracic organs
- Ultrasound of the lymph nodes of the neck, abdominal organs
These methods allow us to establish the diagnosis and assess the prevalence of the tumor, on the basis of which the treatment tactics are determined depending on the clinical picture, the prevalence and localization of the tumor.
In the Moscow Clinical Scientific and Practical Center named after A. S. Loginov, a multidisciplinary team consisting of doctors of diagnostic services, surgeons, chemotherapists, radiologists, pathologists is engaged in solving the problem of laryngeal cancer.
Do not delay your visit to the specialists of our Center. This will help to diagnose the disease in a timely manner and choose the right treatment tactics. Doctors of the center for diagnosis and treatment of head and neck tumors of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov are always ready to help you.