Tuberculosis and inflammatory bowel diseaseNews
Tuberculosis "this is infectious disease which occurs in all countries of the world and can potentially infect humans different social groups.
- It is important to remember that the incidence of tuberculosis rising in risk groups, which include patients with various chronic diseases and immunodeficiency States.
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is characterized by chronic recurrent course.
- This determines the need for long-term, almost lifelong. immunosuppressive and biological drugs and causes the possible development infectious and non-infectious complications.
Especially unfavorable with regard to the risk of tuberculosis is the use of genetically engineered biological drugs (GIBP), primarily inhibitors of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-α).
- Blocking TNF-α violates the process formations granulomas, what results K insufficient restriction foci tuberculosis infections and promotes distribution process.
- Increase risk management development Tutuberculosis in the treatment of GIBP determines the need for prevention, detection and treatment tuberculosis infection in IBD patients.
Patients with IBD need careful monitoring. examination and observation phthisiatrician before and during treatment immunosuppressors and GIBP.
Examination of patients for the purpose of screening and monitoring tuberculosis infection includes:
- collection of Anamnesis, complaints,
- physical examination,
- microbiological examination of sputum,
- X-ray examination (CT ogk),
Examination against the background of treatment with immunosuppressors and GIBP is carried out at least 1 time in 6 months.
- When appearing intoxication and/or respiratory symptoms an extraordinary examination is carried out.
Timely identification, individual mode chemotherapy taking into account the drug sensitivity of mycobacteria to anti-tuberculosis drugs, positive outlook in the treatment of tuberculosis in patients with IBD.