Bariatric surgery: what you need to know? Tell experts MCSCJun 11, 2021
Obesity is a serious problem of the XXI century. By 2035, the world will have more than half a billion overweight people, according to WHO estimates.
The disease leads to:
- pathologies of the heart;
- type 2 diabetes mellitus;
- strong load on the musculoskeletal system, liver, etc.
How to help people who can not cope with extra pounds on their own?
Response - bariatric surgery.
This is an effective way for patients to get in shape and overcome comorbidities.
Experts of #MCSC told about how surgical treatment takes place and what methods are used:
- S. M. Chudnykh, deputy chief physician for Organization of inpatient medical care
- Ph. D. R. G. Askerkhanov, head of the Center for bariatric surgery (@bariatric)
- V. O. Grinkevich, head of the anesthesiology-resuscitation department of the Pavlov branch of the MCSC
Watch the release of the program "Medical News".