Modern technologies in breast surgery
Today, the MCSC has increased the number of organ preservation operations on the mammary gland.
- Thanks to the modern diagnostic equipment can detect very small tumors and timely surgical treatment.
At the same time after surgery surgeons need make sure what the tumor is completely removed.
- For this purpose, our center uses portable X-ray machine.
- With its help, specialists right in the operating room can determine the distance from the edge of the tumor to the edge of resection.
As a result:
- reduced operation time,
- the volume of removed tissue decreases,
- rehabilitation of the patient is faster.
The head of the oncosurgical Department of the breast of the MCSC tells in more detail Gurami Yelgujaevich Kvetenadze.