"Diagnosis of malabsorption in the small intestine»
Performed in a day hospital for 2 days, the absorption of all nutrients is carried out in the body in the small intestine. Diseases of the small intestine lead to a violation of its functions and the development of malabsorption syndrome or malabsorption syndrome.
The symptoms of malabsorption syndrome are very diverse:
- diarrhea with polyphaly and steatorrhea,
- violation of general well-being (weakness, fatigue),
- weight loss up to cachexia,
- symptoms of hypovitaminosis: burning of the tongue, stomatitis, bleeding gums, increased hair loss, thinning and brittle nails,
- muscle and bone pain,
- hypofunction of the gonads (amenorrhea, infertility, impotence) , etc.
Only a competent specialist will help you find out the cause of the development of the malabsorption syndrome and will select the treatment depending on the severity of the malabsorption syndrome!
The program includes:
Initial consultation with a gastroenterologist (examination, anamnesis, observation, medical and diagnostic measures, up to 6 hours, without food)
- Gastroscopy (EGDS) with small intestine biopsy
- Rapid test for lactase deficiency in small intestine biopsy
- Morphological examination of a small intestine biopsy
- Respiratory hydrogen test with Lactulose loading (on an empty stomach, for 2 hours, to detect excessive bacterial growth syndrome (SIBR))
- Clinical blood test: general analysis, leucoformula, ESR
- Biochemical blood analysis (total protein, albumin, iron, LVSS, LVSS, potassium, sodium, chlorine, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium)
- Consultation of an enterologist (a specialist in intestinal diseases)