Bariatric Surgery (36 hours)
Currently, bariatric surgery is actively developing as a separate surgical specialty. Recent research in the field of obesity surgery allows us to significantly standardize therapeutic and diagnostic approaches and surgical treatment. The need to conduct this educational cycle in an expert-level hospital is due to the presence of a large number of complications, the lack of specialized educational centers for bariatric surgeons, and the high interest of surgeons in bariatric surgery. To see the benefits of a multidisciplinary approach and a comprehensive assessment of an obese patient, as well as to demonstrate the optimal and well-coordinated work of the country's leading bariatric group, we invite you to take the course.
As part of the course, we:
- We will analyze modern methods of examination and preoperative preparation of patients with morbid obesity, indications and contraindications to surgical methods of treatment;
- We will analyze the method of installing intragastric balloons for the treatment of obesity, the features of the management of patients in the postoperative period who underwent the installation of an intragastric balloon;
- We will analyze the methods of bariatric operations: longitudinal resection of the stomach, gastroschunt, gastroplication. Postoperative period. General recommendations after surgery;
- We will analyze possible complications after bariatric interventions, methods of prevention and treatment;
- Let's analyze the methods of performing plastic-correcting operations after bariatric operations;
- Let's analyze the features of working with bariatric patients (round tables, support groups). Demonstration of patients who have undergone bariatric surgery.
Internship base: Center for Bariatric Surgery of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM.
Internship Supervisors: Askerkhanov R. G. Head of the Center for Bariatric Surgery of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM, Petrova A. L. doctor-surgeon of the Center of Bariatric Surgery of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM.