Modern Gastric and Esophageal Surgery (36 hours)
Relevance: Currently, surgical gastroenterology is one of the most actively developing specialties. The choice of optimal treatment tactics in patients with stomach cancer is based on a comprehensive examination of patients using modern diagnostic equipment and algorithms. Treatment of patients is carried out in accordance with international standards using modern schemes of perioperative chemotherapy. Modern minimally invasive interventions are performed in patients with gastric cancer, cardioesophageal junction.
As part of the course, we:
- Let's analyze the principles of modern diagnosis of patients with cancer of the stomach and esophagus;
- Separately, we will consider the issue of preoperative diagnostic laparoscopy and the detection of free cancer cells in patients with stomach cancer;
- Let us consider the current possibilities of chemo-chemoradiotherapy in patients with cancer of the stomach, esophagus, and cardioesophageal junction;
- We will study in detail the features of laparoscopic and thoracolaparoscopic operations for malignant diseases of the stomach and esophagus;
- Separately, we will focus on the aspects of surgical treatment of patients with cancer of the cardioesophageal junction;
- We will discuss the issues of postoperative complications and the possibilities of their correction.
Internship base: Department of High-Tech Surgery of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM.
Internship Supervisor: head of the Department of High-Tech Surgery of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM, MD, ProfessorIzrailov R. E.