Cytological diagnosis of hepatopancreatobiliary zone tumors (36 hours)
Relevance: Cytological diagnosis of tumors of the hepatopancreatobiliary zone is an effective method for solving complex diagnostic problems. Malignant neoplasms of the hepatopancreatobiliary zone occupy a leading position in the structure of oncological diseases, are characterized by late detection, up to 60% of cases occur in stages 3-4. In this regard, the mortality rate in the first year after diagnosis reaches 65%. The pancreas, the common bile duct, is difficult to diagnose due to its topographical position and the high probability of complications. It is known that morphological verification of formations at the preoperative stage can significantly improve the results of surgical treatment. Cytological diagnosis of fine-needle pancreatic punctures with endoscopic ultrasonography was until recently the prerogative of several large specialized centers. The current situation is changing rapidly, equipment is being purchased, and specialists are being trained. In the near future, the cytological diagnosis of diseases of the hepatopancreatobiliary zone will become a fairly routine study. For the cytological diagnosis of tumors of the hepatopancreatobiliary zone, a sufficient amount of knowledge in the field of gastroenterology, oncology, and clinical laboratory diagnostics is required.
The student will gain skills in the study and interpretation of the cytological picture of tumors of the hepatopancreatobiliary zone, experience in the operating room with a rapid assessment of the obtained material (Rapid On Site Evaluation)
As part of the course, we:
- We will study the epidemiology, morphology, and classification of tumors of the hepatopancreatobiliary zone.
- We will analyze the methods of obtaining punctates of formations of the hepatopancreatobiliary zone both under the control of endoscopic ultrasonography and under the control of ultrasound, with the features of their morphological study.
- Let us analyze the difficult cases in the diagnosis of solid and cystic formations of the pancreas.
- We will study the features of the diagnosis of autoimmune pancreatitis.
- We will study the features of the cytological diagnosis of liver formations.
- We will study the features of cytological diagnostics based on the material of a brush biopsy of the common bile duct.
- Let's analyze the method of rapid assessment of the cellular content of the obtained material in the operating room ROSE (Rapid On Site Evaluation).
The base for the internship: Clinical and Diagnostic Laboratory of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Scientific Research Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM
Internship Supervisor: head of the Clinical and diagnostic laboratory of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Scientific Research Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Noskova K. K.