Mammography (36 hours, course for nursing staff)
Category of trainees: persons with secondary vocational education in one of the specialties: "Medical care", "Obstetrics", "Nursing", "Dentistry", "Orthopedic Dentistry", "Preventive Dentistry", "Medical and preventive care", "Laboratory diagnostics" and persons with additional professional education – professional retraining in the specialty "Radiology" if there is a secondary professional education in one of the specialties: "Medical care", "Obstetrics", "Nursing", "Dentistry", "Orthopedic Dentistry", "Preventive Dentistry", "Medical and preventive care", " Laboratory diagnostics"
Duration: 36 hours
Form of study: full-time
Relevance: Breast cancer firmly occupies a leading position among the oncological diseases of the female population of Russia and the developed countries of the world, both in terms of morbidity and mortality. The task of the modern healthcare system is to significantly reduce the mortality rate from breast cancer. To achieve this global goal, it is necessary to improve the early diagnosis and early detection of pathological conditions of the breast. Today, radiologists are equipped with modern digital mammography systems and automated workstations that allow them to improve the quality of the images obtained and perform post-processing of images on high-resolution diagnostic screens.
However, the success of the diagnosis largely depends on the quality of the study performed by the X-ray technician and the radiation images obtained. An incorrectly performed study can cause a medical error and lead to an untimely detection of breast cancer.
This professional development program is aimed at the practical aspects of the work of X-ray technicians who carry out medical activities in mammography rooms. First of all, as part of the training, we will address the issues of correct execution of standard projections for mammography, additional special projections and shooting techniques, teach the technique of performing a biopsy on a stereotactic attachment, tomosynthesis and contrast mammography.
As part of the educational program, we:
- Let's analyze the principles of the organization of the mammography office.
- We will tell you about the sanitary and hygienic requirements for the organization of work in the mammography room.
- We will tell you about the indications and contraindications for performing mammography.
- Let's analyze the method of performing mammography in standard projections.
- We will analyze and teach the method of performing additional special images of the breast (sighting images with local compression, images with direct magnification).
- Let's analyze the features of performing mammography with breast implants.
- We will teach the technique of performing tomosynthesis in the study of the breast.
- We will teach you how to perform contrast mammography.
- Let's analyze the principles of quality control of performing radiological examinations of the breast.
Number of possible cycles: once a week.
Internship: 20 hours
Training base: Branch "Mammological Center (Women's Health Clinic)" of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Scientific Research Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM
Features of the internship: working out algorithms for performing diagnostic X-ray examinations of the breast, testing practical skills in the working conditions of the mammography room under the supervision of a mentor.
The final certification is conducted in the form of a test and an interview.
Students who have successfully passed the final certification (from 70% to 100% of the correct answers to the test and successfully passed the interview) are issued certificates of advanced training.
Curator of the course: Adhamjon Bakhtierovich Abduraimov, MD, Professor, Head of the Branch "Mammological Center (Women's Health Clinic)" of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM