Esophagospasm and diverticulum of the esophagus. Patient history of MCSCNews
To the Department operative endoscopy MCSC was approached by patient B. 69 years old.
- She complained about difficulty passing food through the esophagus and suffocation. It started bothering her about two years ago.
Doctors of the Center conducted endoscopic and Radiological research esophagus and stomach.
- As a result, the patient was diagnosed with corkscrew-like deformation and expansion of the lumen of the esophagus twice, and persistent muscle spasm of the lower third of the esophagus.
- In addition, in the lower third of the esophagus, large sac-like protrusion wall size more than 4 cm.
According to the results of the research, the patient was diagnosed: esophagospasm and diverticulum of the lower third of the esophagus.
Specialists of the Department of operative endoscopy decided to conduct one-stage operation for two diseases.
- But the situation complicated the fact that the patient earlier already conducted endoscopic treatment esophagospasm by balloon dilation.
After conducting additional surveys the patient was admitted to our Center for surgical treatment.
She underwent surgery with an endoscope. – oral endoscopic myotomy with septotomy.
- This malotraumatic the operation that is being performed through the endoscope without any incisions on the human body with the safety of internal organs.
- Part of the muscle fibers of the esophagus dissected with special tools, and incision of the esophageal mucosa at the end of the intervention reduce with the help of special clips.
Clips are very small, and after some time they leave the body naturally unnoticed by the patient.
Already the next day after the intervention, the patient noted almost complete absence she showed no disturbing symptoms and was discharged home in good condition.
Now she leads a full and active life.