Diagnosis of excess bacterial growth in the intestine. Hydrogen breath test at Pavlov branchNews
Respiratory hydrogen test is now carried out in the branch of the MCSC named after A. S. Loginov on Akademika Pavlova Street.
The intestines - the habitat of a large number of bacteria, the main of which are anaerobes, which in the process of vital activity produce gas.
Of great importance in human life is the microflora of the small intestine. Hydrogen is a product of anaerobic bacteria inhabiting the intestine.
To diagnose excessive bacterial growth in the lumen of the small intestine (dysbiosis) in the Department of intestinal pathology, a hydrogen breath test is successfully used.
It is carried out using a gas analyzer that evaluates the concentration of hydrogen in the exhaled air, which serves as an indicator of the growth of opportunistic microflora in the lumen of the small intestine.
If you have symptoms:
- excessive gas formation;
- abdominal pain or discomfort;
- weight loss
You need to conduct a hydrogen breath test for timely diagnosis of disorders of the microflora of the small intestine.
To obtain reliable results of a respiratory hydrogen test, the following rules must be observed::
- do not eat 14 hours before the study;
- it is undesirable to consume milk and / or juices a day before the test;
- the day before the test, avoid taking the following foods: onions, leeks, garlic, cabbage, legumes and any kind of pickled vegetables;
- do not smoke 12 hours before the study;
- do not chew gum 12 hours before the study;
- do not take vitamins, laxatives and antibacterial drugs on the day of the study;
- do not brush your teeth on the day of the study;
- patients wearing dentures should not use denture adhesives on the day of the study.
Contraindications to the respiratory hydrogen test:
- congenital fructose intolerance;
- hypoglycemia of fasting or suspicion of it.
A. S. Loginov MCSC is a leading institution in Russia, which has been developing diagnostic methods and methods for correcting intestinal microflora disorders for more than 20 years.
You can sign up for a hydrogen breath test by phone:
8 (495) 304-30-35 ext. 2910, ext. 2856
We are located at:
Moscow, Akademika Pavlova STR. 22 (Molodezhnaya metro station). Driving directions are available by reference.
We are waiting for you in our clinic!