Inflammatory bowel diseases.
Inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) is a collective term that refers to a group of chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract of unclear etiology, characterized by destructive nonspecific immune inflammation of the intestinal wall with the development of local and systemic complications. IBD includes ulcerative colitis (UC) and Crohn's disease (CD), as well as undifferentiated colitis. The discussion of UC and CD is traditionally held in parallel, since both diseases are very similar in clinical manifestations, mechanisms of inflammation development, and complications. In contrast to UC, which occurs with an isolated lesion of the colon, with CD, any part of the digestive tract can be involved in the pathological process - from the oral cavity to the anal canal. The clinical picture of CD is characterized by a greater mosaic. Differences between UC and CD are revealed by the nature of endoscopic and morphological changes in the intestinal mucosa, as well as by the prognosis of the disease and the response to therapy. It should be noted that CD is currently not cured either after drug therapy or after surgical treatment.
The purpose of the program is to improve the knowledge of specialists on the diagnosis, differential diagnosis, treatment of ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease, assessment of their severity and prognosis, selection of effective treatment regimens and evaluation of therapy results.
As part of the course, we:
- We will analyze the issues of epidemiology, pathogenesis and pathophysiology of the inflammatory process in inflammatory bowel diseases;
- We will study the diagnosis, differential diagnosis and clinical / endoscopic scales for assessing the activity of inflammatory bowel diseases;
- We will analyze the existing means for the treatment of patients with inflammatory bowel diseases and the choice of therapy aimed at achieving control of symptoms and minimizing side effects from the drugs used (5-aminosalicylic acid, glucocorticosteroids, immunosuppressors, genetically engineered biological drugs);
- Consider the extra-intestinal manifestations of inflammatory bowel diseases and modern approaches to the treatment of ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease, taking into account the presence of extra-intestinal manifestations;
- Let's get acquainted with the methods of prevention of complications of inflammatory bowel diseases.
Internship base: department of Treatment of inflammatory bowel Diseases of the State Medical Institution of the MCSC named after A. S. Loginov DZM.
Internship Supervisor: Lischinskaya A. A., Senior researcher of the Department of Treatment of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases of the State Medical Institution of the MCSC named after A. S. Loginov DZM.