Diagnosis and surgical treatment of thyroid diseases (36 hours)
Currently, endocrine surgery is actively developing as a separate surgical specialty. Recent research in the field of thyroid surgery allows us to significantly standardize therapeutic and diagnostic approaches and surgical treatment. However, modern standardized methods are still not widely used. In addition, completely new, minimally invasive methods of surgical operations on the thyroid gland have been proposed, which have not yet occupied their niche and are a field for clinical research.
As part of the course, we:
- Let's analyze the principles of modern diagnosis and treatment of thyroid diseases;
- We will study the possibilities of fine needle aspiration puncture biopsy of the thyroid gland
- Let's explore the possibilities of using the TIRADS and Bethesda system for reporting thyroid cytopathology scales in the clinic
- We will study in detail the features of surgical operations for benign thyroid diseases and thyroid cancer
- Let's analyze the principles of prevention of complications in the surgical treatment of thyroid diseases
- We will determine the role of minimally invasive video-assisted, video-endoscopic and robotic operations in thyroid diseases
Base: department of Endocrine and Metabolic Surgery of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM.
Internship Supervisor: head of the Department of Endocrine and Metabolic Surgery of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov, I. Yu .Feidorov.