Modern possibilities of surgical treatment of breast diseases (36 hours)
Breast cancer (breast cancer) remains by far the most common cancer among women, both in developed and developing countries. In the overall structure of the incidence of malignant neoplasms in the Russian Federation, breast cancer (BC) occupies the 3rd place after lung and skin diseases. To date, the operation of choice for breast cancer remains radical mastectomy (RME). However, the removal of the breast is not only a physically crippling intervention, but also a severe psychological trauma that affects the subsequent adaptation of women in everyday life and in society. In order to solve these problems, in the last two decades, organ-preserving, oncoplastic and reconstructive operations have been widely introduced. The main task of the surgeon today is to determine the optimal volume of surgery in the surgical and combined treatment of breast cancer stages I-III a, taking into account the clinical, morphological and immunohistochemical prognostic factors.
Along with malignant tumors, benign breast tumors are becoming increasingly common, so, according to world and domestic researchers, in recent years, against the background of the use of oral hormonal contraceptives by young women, the frequency of detection of fibroadenomas has increased. Currently, there are known etiological factors that contribute to the development of cystic changes in the mammary glands (MJ). However, the pathogenetic mechanisms of the formation and further growth of MJ cysts are not fully disclosed. Due to the large spread of cystic pathology of the mammary glands, minimally invasive methods of treating cysts – therapeutic and diagnostic punctures under ultrasound control-do not lose their relevance.
As part of the course, we:
- Let's analyze the general principles and provisions of surgical treatment of benign breast formations.
- Let's analyze the general principles and provisions of the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
- We will study the techniques and types of surgical treatment of breast cancer.
- We will study the main aspects and principles of surgical interventions in benign and malignant breast formations.
- We will discuss the issues of organ-preserving, oncoplastic and reconstructive operations in breast cancer.
- We will study the technique of modern minimally invasive and high-tech methods of surgical treatment of breast diseases and the issues of introducing new achievements of breast surgery into practice.
- We will devote time to discussions, discussion of clinical issues, tactics of postoperative management of patients and visiting the operating unit.
The base for the internship: Oncosurgical Department of the Breast, "Mammological Center (Women's Health Clinic)" branch No. 3 of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM.
Internship supervisors: Kvetenadze G. E., Head of the oncosurgical Department of the breast of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM, Shivilov E. V., Candidate of Medical Sciences, surgeon, oncologist of the Oncosurgical Department of the breast of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM