Head and neck tumors (36 hours)
The problem of treating head and neck tumors in Russia is extremely urgent due to the lack of caution of oncologists and doctors of related specialties regarding, first of all, the early diagnosis of this pathology. As a result, the detection of the tumor process is often in the late stages (up to 60% of tumors are diagnosed at the III – IV stages of the disease), and entails the impossibility of radical treatment, which is limited to the use of palliative chemotherapy or radiation therapy without hope of a cure. At the same time, the role of surgical treatment of head and neck tumors, which, despite the objective significance of radiation therapy and drug treatment, remains the primary and most important factor in the treatment of this category of patients, becomes either impossible or is not used by doctors due to insufficient training.
As part of the course, we:
- We will analyze the general principles and provisions regarding the diagnosis and treatment of head and neck tumors with a priority focus on squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck organs.
- We will study the principles of combined and complex treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of the oral mucosa.
- We will study the main aspects and principles of surgical interventions in oropharyngeal tumors with an overview of the issues of reconstructive surgery.
- Let's focus on the main aspects of the restoration of the temporomandibular joint,
- We will discuss the issues of organ-preserving and reconstructive operations on the lower jaw.
- We will highlight the issues of complex treatment of the oropharynx and larynx.
- We will discuss modern aspects of the diagnosis and treatment of thyroid tumors.
- We will analyze the issues of diagnosis, treatment and features of surgical intervention in the treatment of basal cell skin cancer with localization in the head and neck.
- We will devote time to discussions, discussion of clinical issues, tactics of postoperative management of patients and visiting the operating unit.
Training base: Center for Diagnosis and Treatment of Head and Neck Tumors of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM
Internship Supervisor: candidate of Medical SciencesYakovleva L. P., Head of the Center for Diagnosis and Treatment of head and Neck Tumors of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM