Morphological diagnosis of inflammatory bowel diseases (18 hours)
Relevance. The last decades have been marked by significant progress in the diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases. The widespread use and improvement of endoscopic techniques with the possibility of obtaining multiple biopsies from the ileum and various parts of the colon, as well as the assessment of histological changes in the mucosa, taking into account the topographical features of the pathological process, have made it possible to increase the effectiveness of differential diagnosis of Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and diseases not associated with IBD. The European Organization for the Study of Crohn's Disease and Colitis (ECCO) and the European Society of Pathologists (ESP) have jointly developed a consensus standardizing modern approaches to the pathohistological diagnosis of IBD. The consensus provisions formulate the issues that arise during the diagnostic search, and provide expert assessments of these provisions.
Within the framework of the doctors program:
- They will listen to lectures on fundamental issues of pathogenesis and general problems of diagnosing inflammatory bowel diseases using morphological methods.
- They will master the principles of evaluating the main morphological criteria that are of practical importance for the diagnosis of inflammatory bowel diseases based on endoscopic biopsies.
- In the process of joint analysis of clinical cases, they will learn the correct description of the detected microscopic changes and the design of pathohistological conclusions.
- They will be able to use computer databases and the archive of histological preparations to select the clinical cases that interest them for independent microscopic examination of histological preparations.
- At the end, they will pass a test control on the current diagnostic material.
Internship base: Department of Pathological Anatomy of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Scientific Research Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM.
Internship Supervisor: Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor of Homeriki S. G., Head of the Laboratory of Pathomorphology of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Scientific Research Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM.