Organization of early diagnosis of breast cancer (36 hours)
Relevance: Breast cancer firmly occupies a leading position among the oncological diseases of the female population of Russia and developed countries of the world, both in terms of morbidity (20.9%) and mortality (16.7%). Along with the use of modern treatment methods, the introduction of breast cancer screening can significantly reduce mortality from breast cancer.
The educational need is caused by the need to reduce mortality from tumor diseases. The main way to achieve this goal is early diagnosis at the outpatient stage. The need for this seminar is caused by a shift in the focus of pre-hospital examination of a patient with a suspected malignant neoplasm to outpatient doctors. The expected result is that outpatient doctors will master the basics of early diagnosis of cancer, which will increase the effectiveness of early detection of malignant neoplasms at the outpatient level.
As part of the educational program, we:
- Let's analyze the epidemiology of breast cancer and the principles of organizing breast cancer screening.
- We will study the methodological aspects of the organization of breast cancer screening, as well as the difficulties and contradictions that arise when conducting screening programs, based on domestic and foreign experience.
- We will analyze the methodology of mammography and ultrasound examination of the breast.
- We will study in detail the principles of describing the X-ray and ultrasound picture of breast neoplasms according to the BIRADS system.
- We will pay attention to the specifics of the description of individual radiological symptoms and syndromes, for example, clusters of microcalcinates, etc., according to BIRADS.
- Let's consider the principles of making a conclusion based on the principles of BIRADS.
Internship base: "Mammological Center (Women's Health Clinic)» GBUZ MCSC named after A. S. Loginov DZM.
Internship Supervisor: professor, Doctor of Medical Sciences A. B. Abduraimov, Project manager for the development of mammology at the State Medical University of the Moscow State Scientific Research Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM.