Endosonography in the diagnosis of diseases of the digestive system
Audience category: doctors-specialists with higher education in the field of training: "Endoscopy»
Form of training: Full-time
The complexity of the program: 144 academic hours
Endosonography is a high-tech ultrasound examination that simultaneously combines the capabilities of endoscopic and ultrasound diagnostics of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, pancreas, bile ducts and liver.
The study is carried out using a video endoscope, at the end of which there is a radially scanning ultrasonic sensor. The use of very high ultrasound frequencies in the device provides high image quality with a resolution of less than 1 mm, which is not available to other research methods. At the same time, endosonography is not associated with the risk of X-ray exposure of the staff and the patient, there is no risk of complications.
The detection of various diseases of the digestive system in the early stages remains an important and unsolved problem in Russian healthcare. Therefore, it is undoubtedly relevant to search for diagnostic methods that could expand the possibilities of clarifying diagnostics in identifying pathologies of the digestive organs. One of these methods is the combination of endoscopic and ultrasound methods-endosonography.
The advantages of endoscopic ultrasound over traditional ultrasound examination through the anterior abdominal wall are that the ultrasound sensor along the lumen of the digestive tube under visual control can be conducted directly to the test object.
In the endoscopy department of the Moscow Clinical Research Center, 4-5 endoscopic ultrasound examinations are performed daily under intravenous sedation in patients with various pathologies of the upper digestive tract and pancreatobiliary system. For endosonography, the equipment of 3 leading manufacturers is used. Students of the advanced training course will learn the technique of endoscopic ultrasound examinations for patients with various pathologies of the upper digestive tract and pancreatobiliary system under conditions of intravenous sedation. During the practical classes of the cycle, students will be able to evaluate the technical features of ultrasound processors and echoendoscopes from different manufacturers, and get acquainted in detail with the research methodology for a specific endoscopic ultrasound system of interest.
A special feature of the course is an internship at the workplace in the form of assistance in performing endoscopic ultrasound examinations for patients with various pathologies of the upper digestive tract and pancreatobiliary system.
Students who have completed their training and successfully passed the final certification in the form of a test and an interview receive a certificate of advanced training.
The purpose of the program is to improve the knowledge of specialists on the detection and differential diagnosis of diseases of the digestive system by endosonography. The study of the technical features of ultrasound processors and echoendoscopes from different manufacturers, a detailed introduction to the methods of research on a specific system of endoscopic ultrasound.
The educational program includes lectures, practical training and analysis of interesting cases from practice.
Planned learning outcomes
As part of the educational program, we:
- We will study the possibilities of endosonography in the diagnosis of various diseases of the digestive system.
- We will master the basics of endoscopic ultrasonography (equipment, preparation, indications, contraindications, complications).
- We will learn the importance of EUS in TN-staging at the stage of preoperative examination of patients with malignant lesions of the upper digestive tract.
- Let's get acquainted with modern technologies that increase the diagnostic informativeness of EUS (elastography, contrast enhancement).
- We will learn the importance of EUS in TN-staging at the stage of preoperative examination in malignant tumors of the pancreatobiliary zone.
- We will study the possibilities of fine needle puncture under the control of EUS.
- We will master the possibilities of confocal laser endomicroscopy under the control of EUS.
- Let's get acquainted with modern technologies of interventional endosonography.
- Bystrovskaya Elena Vladimirovna, MD, Head of the Department of Diagnostic Endoscopy of the State Medical Institution MCSC named after A. S. Loginov DZM;
- Kirill V. Shishin, MD, Head of the Endoscopy Department of the State Medical Institution MCSC named after A. S. Loginov DZM.