In recent years, oncological coloproctology has made a great step forward in its development. This is primarily due to the development and standardization of various treatment methods (chemotherapy, radiation therapy, surgical procedures), as well as the combination of the latter with each other. In recent years, great success has been achieved in the treatment of malignant neoplasms of the rectum, as such techniques as laparoscopy and robotic surgery have appeared in the arsenal of oncologists – surgeons, as well as coloproctologists – oncologists, which has significantly increased the possibilities of surgical treatment of even tumors with the lowest localization.
As part of the course, we:
- Let's analyze the anatomy of the colon, rectum and anal canal. Features of blood supply, lymph outflow, innervation of the colon and rectum.
- Epidemiology of colorectal cancer. Fundamentals of oncopathogenesis of colorectal cancer. As well as the features of the course of the oncological process, depending on the location of the tumor.
- Let's analyze the methods of diagnosing tumors of the colon and rectum. The role of endoscopy in the diagnosis and treatment of colorectal cancer. Staging of colon cancer. TNM classification of colorectal cancer.
- We will study modern approaches to the treatment of cancer of the colon, rectum, anal canal (metastatic, non-metastatic). Such concepts as a multidisciplinary approach, combined and complex treatment of colorectal cancer.
- We will analyze laparoscopic interventions in coloproctology (anterior and low anterior rectal resection, left-sided and right-sided hemicolectomy, abdominal-anal resection and abdominal-perineal extirpation of the rectum).
- Let's analyze the robotic operations on the colon used in the treatment of colorectal cancer.
- We will study the main types of intestinal stomas, the technique of their formation, "closure", parastomal complications.
- Consider possible complications in colorectal surgery (intestinal obstruction, bleeding, failure of the anastomosis): prevention measures and treatment tactics.
Internship base: coloproctology department of the State Medical Institution MCSC named after A. S. Loginov DZM.
Internship Supervisor: acting Head of the Department of Coloproctology of the State Medical Institution MCSC named after A. S. Loginov DZM, Candidate of Medical SciencesDanilov M. A.