Mandatory list of documents for research
- Referral (form # 057 / y) and an extract from the ICAB (form # 27/y) - if the study will be conducted in another building of the polyclinic or another MO.
- Data from previous studies/inpatient treatment – if available.
- Results of tests: RW, HIV, Hepatitis B and C with a statute of limitations of at least 6 months. OAK and Coagulogram - if necessary.
- The study is carried out strictly on an empty stomach! The last meal - the night before, no later than 19: 00.
- If the patient is constantly taking any medications, they should betaken three hours before the study, washed down with a small amount of water!
- If the patient takes drugs that affect blood clotting (anticoagulants: heparin, sodium hydrocitrate, neodicumarin, syncumar; antiplatelet agents: acetylsalicylic acid, dipyridamole, pentoxifylline, ticlopidine), it is necessaryto consult the doctor who prescribed these drugs on the eve of the upcoming study with a possible biopsy.
- 5 days before the procedure, the patient should avoid taking iron-containing drugs, activated carbon, and bismuth-containing drugs.
- Important: in patients with epilepsy, EGDS is indicated only under conditions of intravenous sedation! Patients with arrhythmia, myocardial infarction, or stroke shouldconsult a cardiologist and neurologist the day before. Patients with diabetes mellitus should make an appointment for EGDS in the morning and take their medications with them (tablet forms, insulin). Be sure to check the glucose level before the study. Check your blood glucose level in the morning before the test. Patients with bronchial asthma should take an inhaler with them.