Colposcopy at the MCSC Women's Health ClinicNews
Colposcopy is a method of visual examination of the condition of the epithelium of the cervix, the walls of the vagina and vulva.
- The procedure is carried out using a special optical system and diagnostic samples in order to identify pathological changes.
For advanced diagnostics, special solutions can also be used that allow for a more detailed examination of the mucous membrane of the cervix and vagina.
When do doctors recommend colposcopy?spotting
- painful sensations in the period between menstruation and/or during sexual intercourse
- changes in the color and smell of vaginal discharge
- the presence of ectopia (erosion) of the cervix, condylomas, polyps, endometriosis
- abnormalities in the cytological examination of scraping from the cervix, including the presence of human papillomavirus of high carcinogenic risk
It is also held: for control after treatment of cervical diseases
- when examining women at risk for cancer
- before performing a cervical biopsy
What are the contraindications?the first two months after childbirth and gynecological operations
- menstruation period
- individual intolerance of components of diagnostic samples
- a pronounced inflammatory process of the pelvic organs
The doctor will provide the results of the examination immediately after the procedure and select individual monitoring and treatment tactics.
Specialists of the MCSC Women's Health Clinic have accumulated extensive experience in diagnosing gynecological diseases.
If you are worried about unpleasant symptoms, we are always ready to help you.
You can make an appointment by phone:8 (495) 305 34 50 (OMS)
- 8 (800) 234 24 22 (PMU)