May 17 – International Day of the PulmonologistNews
Today, on May 17, we celebrate the International Day of the Pulmonologist!Pulmonology has become an independent field of medicine relatively recently.
- Its active development began in the twentieth century, when specialists began to differentiate tuberculosis and other lung diseases.
The history of Russian pulmonology begins with lectures by Professor Sergei Petrovich Botkin.He taught doctors the fine skill of recognizing the diverse forms of the disease – pneumonia, pleurisy, bronchial asthma, emphysema.
With the advent of endoscopy, a new stage in the development of pulmonology began.
- Endoscopic methods allowed not only to carry out accurate diagnostics, but also to perform various therapeutic manipulations (removal of foreign bodies, administration of drugs, etc.).
Specialists of the Pulmonology department of MCSC provide high-tech medical care to patients with various lung diseases:obstructive respiratory diseases (asthma, bronchitis, COPD, etc.)
- restrictive respiratory diseases (pneumonia, interstitial lung diseases, etc.)
- tumors of the respiratory system
- obstructive sleep apnea syndrome
- acute and chronic respiratory failure
Congratulations to our colleagues, we wish you good health and success in your work!