Cancer of the esophagus. How not to miss. Says the MCSC expert
Esophageal cancer is one of the most aggressive malignant diseases. He ranks 8th in mortality worldwide.
- What is reflux and how is it dangerous?
- What is Barrett's esophagus and what is the danger of damage to the esophagus?
- What do they say about chest pain, difficulty swallowing food, pain when swallowing food, and why, when these symptoms appear, should you immediately contact a gastroenterologist?
- Complications of reflux disease and damage to the esophagus – harbingers of esophageal cancer?
- What influences the condition of the esophagus to a greater extent: genetics, foods, lifestyle?
Dmitry Stanislavovich Bordin, Head of the Department of Pathology of the pancreas, biliary tract and Upper digestive tract of the MCSC named after A.S. Loginov, answered these and other questions.