Stomach cancer is a malignant tumor that originates from the gastric mucosa.
Who is at risk?
Most often, the disease occurs in people who have:
- cases of stomach cancer in the family,
- chronic inflammation of the gastric mucosa caused by Helicobacter pylori infection
- stomach polyps,
Men get sick 1.3 times more often than women, the peak of the incidence falls on the age over 50 years.
You can suspect the disease when the following symptomsoccur .
- Abdominal pain, heartburn, nausea, vomiting associated with food intake;
- Signs of gastric bleeding ("black stools", dizziness, weakness);
- Signs of paraneoplastic process (a consequence of tumor growth) during the spread of the disease (weakness, weight loss, anemia, etc.).
If any of these signs are detected, it is recommended to consult a doctor. The specialist will assess the situation and appoint a follow-up examination.
For the diagnosis of stomach cancer, the following methods of examination are used.
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGDS) - allows you to assess the condition of the gastric mucosa and perform a biopsy from the most suspicious places.
- Computed tomography (CT) with intravenous contrast – allows you to determine the size of the formation, its localization and prevalence.
- Morphological examination of the biopsy (a piece of the tumor taken during gastroscopy) - allows you to determine the type of tumor.
The danger of this disease lies in the risk of developing gastrointestinal bleeding, spreading the tumor through the abdominal cavity, metastasis of the tumor, intoxication of the body and death.
In the Moscow Clinical Scientific Center named after A. S. Loginov, the solution of the problem of stomach cancer is carried out by the joint efforts of oncologists and surgeons. At the stage of treatment of localized forms of the tumor, radical surgical treatment is used, which is performed by specialists of the department of high-tech surgery using endovideosurgical equipment, including the use of the DaVinci robot.
At the stage of common forms of the disease, it is advisable to use chemotherapy.
Do not delay your visit to the specialists of our Center. This will help to diagnose the disease in a timely manner and choose the right treatment tactics. Doctors of the State Medical Institution of the MCSC named after A. S. Loginov DZM are always ready to help you.