Cancer of the tongue
Malignant lesions of the mucous membrane of the tongue, the mucous membrane of other parts of the oral cavity (cheek, bottom of the oral cavity, etc.) in most cases occur from the squamous epithelium and in the vast majority (98%) are represented by squamous cell carcinoma.
- Use of chewing tobacco;
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages;
- The presence of uncomfortable prostheses that create permanent trauma to the mucous membrane;
- The presence of precancerous diseases: leukoplakia, lichen planus, Bowen's disease
Signs of cancer of the tongue and oral cavity can be:
- Areas of altered mucosa (dense white spots, redness, ulcers in the oral cavity)
- Oral pain
- Limited mobility of the tongue, difficulty opening the mouth
- Bad breath
- The appearance of dense nodular formations on the neck
If you have the above symptoms, you need to urgently contact an oncologist!
- Examination and palpatory examination of the oral cavity
- Performing a biopsy of the tumor formation, followed by morphological examination
- Ultrasound of the soft tissues of the neck with the study of the lymph nodes.
- In the presence of affected lymph nodes-a fine needle aspiration biopsy under the control of ultrasound, followed by cytological examination.
- Computed tomography with intravenous contrast, of the facial skeleton, neck, and chest organs. If necessary, an MRI of the facial skeleton.
These methods of examination allow us to establish a diagnosis, to assess the prevalence of the tumor process. Depending on the localization, the prevalence of the tumor process, the further treatment tactics are determined.
In the Moscow Clinical Scientific and Practical Center named after A. S. Loginov, the solution of the problem of cancer of the mucous membrane of the tongue and cancer of the oral mucosa is carried out jointly by doctors of diagnostic services, surgeons, chemotherapists, radiologists, pathologists, cytologists. Early access to specialists allows you to assess the prevalence of the tumor, makes it possible to conduct radical treatment, which is based on a multidisciplinary approach and consists in the use of surgical treatment, radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
Do not delay your visit to the specialists of our Center. This will help to diagnose the disease in a timely manner and choose the right treatment tactics. Doctors of the Center for Diagnosis and Treatment of Head and Neck Tumors of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov are always ready to help you.