Disease of the operated stomach
The disease of the operated stomach is a pathological condition in the human body that develops in the long-term postoperative period after partial resection or complete removal of the stomach.
Postgastrozection syndromes include reflux-esophagitis, erosion and ulcers of the stomach stump and anastomosis, dumping syndrome, violations of evacuation through the esophagus, stomach stumps, small intestine, body weight deficiency, protein-energy deficiency, anemia, adhesive disease, combined disorders.
You can suspect the disease if the following symptoms occur:
- General weakness, sweating, dizziness, "tinnitus", palpitations, episodes of low or high blood pressure-occur during or 15-30 minutes after eating. These manifestations are characteristic of the dumping syndrome.
- Sudden weakness, semi-fainting, palpitations, cold sweat-occur 1-2 hours after eating, lasts 10-15 minutes. These manifestations are characteristic of hypoglycemic syndrome.
- Belching sour or a feeling of bitterness in the mouth (sometimes vomiting bile may bother).
- Episodes of difficulty passing and a feeling of food getting stuck in the esophagus.
- Heaviness and pain in the epigastrium, less often pain in other parts of the abdomen.
- Vomiting of blood, "tar-like" liquid stools - with bleeding from stomach stump ulcers and anastomosis.
- General weakness, fatigue, decreased performance, as a result of the occurrence of anemia.
- Weight loss, muscle hypotrophy, the presence of edema on the lower extremities-a manifestation of protein-energy deficiency.
- A decrease in growth by 2 cm or more in 1-3 years or by 4 cm or more compared to growth in 25 years is a manifestation of osteoporosis.
- Tendency to loose stools (diarrhea).
If one or more of these signs are detected, it is recommended to consult a doctor. The specialist will assess the situation and prescribe the necessary comprehensive examination (including laboratory and instrumental studies).
In the Moscow Clinical Scientific and Practical Center named after A. S. Loginov, the solution of the problem of the disease of the operated stomach is carried out jointly by gastroenterologists of the Department of Pathology of the upper digestive tract, nutritionists, surgeons, oncologists, hematologists.
Do not delay your visit to the specialists of our Center. This will help to diagnose the disease in a timely manner and choose the right treatment tactics. Doctors of the Department of Pathology of the upper digestive tract of the State Medical Institution of the Moscow State Medical Center named after A. S. Loginov DZM are always ready to help you.