Abnormalities of the development of respiratory organs
Malformations and developmental abnormalities occur due to structural abnormalities of organs during intrauterine development and are manifested by changes in shape, size, structure and localization.
Most often, malformations and developmental abnormalities are diagnosed in childhood, less often in adults, in the form of a chronic inflammatory disease with the development of respiratory failure.
The most common are:
- anomalies of the structure of the bronchial tree;
- absence of an organ or part of it, change in size;
- anomalies and malformations of the walls of the trachea and bronchi (tracheobronchomalacia, Williams-Campbell syndrome, Leschke bronchiolectatic emphysema, congenital lobar emphysema, tracheo-esophageal and bronchoesophageal fistulas, stenosis of the trachea and bronchi);
- cysts and sequestration of the lungs;
- various defects of blood vessels
You can suspect the disease with the following signs:Identification of changes during X-ray examinations
- Frequent purulent bronchitis, pneumonia, starting from childhood
- Prolonged cough, shortness of breath
- Changing the shape of the chest
- Combination with abnormalities and malformations of other organs
- The presence of such diseases in the family
If one or more of these signs are detected, it is recommended to consult a doctor. The specialist will assess the situation and appoint a follow-up examination.
The diagnosis of abnormalities in the development of respiratory organs is established by the totality of the clinical picture and the results of laboratory and instrumental studies: multispiral computed tomography, angiopulmonography, bronchography using a water-soluble contrast agent, aortography, esophagoscopy, tracheobronchoscopy. As well as modern methods of functional diagnostics, clinical immunology and genetics, bacteriology and pathological morphology.
Along with carrying out diagnostic measures, patients often need anti-inflammatory, bronchosanation and symptomatic treatment. Patients with congenital defects of the bronchopulmonary system are often subject to surgical treatment.
In the Moscow Clinical Scientific and Practical Center named after A.S. Loginov, the treatment of respiratory abnormalities is carried out by joint efforts of pulmonologists, endoscopists, thoracic surgeons, anesthesiologists, geneticists. Do not delay your visit to the specialists of our Center. This will help to diagnose the disease in a timely manner and choose the right treatment tactics. Doctors of GBUZ MCSC named after A.S. Loginov DZM are always ready to help you.