Bronchiolitis is a heterogeneous group of diseases characterized by various causes, morphological features and prognosis. Their development is based on an inflammatory lesion of the bronchioles (small airways).
For the reason of occurrence, there are:1. Infectious, caused by various viruses and bacteria (respiratory syncytial virus, adenovirus, parainfluenza virus, Mycoplasma rheimopiae, etc.)
2. Bronchiolitis caused by inhalation of gases (CO, SO2, NO2, O3), acid vapors, various types of dust, smoking, inhalation of narcotic substances (cocaine).
3. Bronchiolitis resulting from taking medications: amiodarone, interferon, bleomycin, amphotericin, etc.
4. Bronchiolitis that has arisen against the background of various chronic diseases and other conditions: collagenosis, ulcerative colitis, malignant (histiocytosis and lymphoma) diseases, systemic diseases (rheumatoid arthritis, systemic scleroderma), interstitial lung diseases, COPD, bronchiectasis, aspiration syndrome, post–transplant complications (bone marrow transplantation, lung-heart complex)
It is possible to assume the presence of pathology if the following symptoms occur:Progressive shortness of breath.
- Cough, mostly dry or with scanty sputum.
- Undulating course of the disease.
- The development of respiratory failure.
If one or more of these signs are detected, it is recommended to start an examination. The specialist will assess the situation and appoint a follow-up examination.
For the diagnosis of bronchiolitis are carried out:
- Laboratory tests: determination of the level of leukocytes, markers of inflammation, determination of the gas composition of arterial blood, immunological, bacteriological and morphological studies.
- Instrumental research methods: multispiral computed tomography, examination of the function of external respiration (bodyplethysmography, spirometry with bronchodilation and diffusion tests), bronchoscopy with the study of the composition of the BAL, in some cases - biopsy with morphological examination of the biopsy.
In the Moscow Clinical Scientific and Practical Center named after A.S. Loginov, treatment and diagnosis of bronchiolitis of various etiologies is carried out by the collegial efforts of pulmonologists, endoscopists, morphologists, specialists in laboratory, radiation, functional diagnostics, morphologists.
Do not delay your visit to our specialists. This will help to recognize the disease in a timely manner and choose the right treatment tactics. Doctors of GBUZ MCSC named after A.S. Loginov DZM are always ready to help you.