- What is biofeedback therapy?
Biofeedback therapy is an absolutely painless and effective method of rehabilitation, which is prescribed when there are signs of a decrease in the function of the pelvic floor muscles.
During biofeedback therapy, the existing physiological skills are restored or improved.
- What diseases can be cured?
- Incontinence of intestinal contents (gases and / or feces).
- Violation of defecation.
- How are medical procedures built?
Biofeedback therapy is conducted in the form of interactive classes. This system allows the patient to coordinate the work of the pelvic floor muscles with certain visual images that are displayed on the monitor screen.
The lesson plan is assigned individually after consulting a specialist and conducting diagnostic procedures. At the end of therapy, the skills are preserved, and the patient uses them in everyday life.
- Do you need to prepare for the procedure?
- It is necessary to clean the distal part of the colon. For this purpose, you can use ready-made microclysms (for example, "Microlax", "Enema Klin") or one enema with 500 ml of water at room temperature in the morning on the day of the procedure.
- Patients with constipation should perform these procedures twice: in the evening before the study and in the morning on the day of the study.
- How is the procedure performed?
The patient lies on the couch on his left side with his knees drawn up to his stomach. The prepared probe is inserted into the anal canal to a depth of 2 cm. Getting used to the probe will last at least 20 seconds. Then a cycle of exercises is carried out, which consists in training the relaxation or contraction of the perineal muscles. Visual images displayed on the monitor screen allow the patient to independently control the work of the muscular apparatus, thereby he actively participates in the procedure.
- Are there any contraindications?
It is not recommended to perform procedures in the early postoperative period and in patients with acute inflammatory diseases of the anorectal region.
The use of the biofeedback method to correct disorders in the pelvic floor muscles at an early stage will allow you to get rid of pathological conditions in a timely manner and significantly improve the quality of life.
You can make an appointment for biofeedback therapy at the Laboratory of Functional Diagnostics of Intestinal Diseases of the Loginov Moscow State Medical Center by phone 8(495) 304-30-39.
3-18 Биофидбек-терапия (1 сеанс ) - 2000 rubles