Skin neoplasms. Diagnosis and treatment
Skin tumors are the most common tumor pathology in humans. They are characterized by a large morphological diversity due to the complex multicomponent structure.
Every year, there is a steady increase in the incidence of malignant neoplasms of the skin, primarily basal cell and squamous cell cancer, melanoma.
In the Center for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Head and Neck Tumors of the MCSC named after A. S. Loginov, you can undergo a complete comprehensive study of the formations of the skin of the face, head and neck using innovative technologies in one visit to a specialist.
A key aspect in the work of our Center is a personalized approach to the examination and treatment of the patient.
Diagnosis of skin neoplasms is carried out when:
- Examination by a doctor of the skin and regional lymph nodes.
- Digital video dermatoscopy.
- Scraping or imprinting from the surface of the tumor or punctate of the tumor, followed by cytological examination.
- Tumor biopsies followed by morphological examination.
- Ultrasound of the lymph nodes of the neck, abdominal organs.
- Radiography or computed tomography of the chest organs.
All this makes it possible to establish a diagnosis and assess the prevalence of the tumor process. Based on the data obtained, the specialist determines the treatment strategy, taking into account the clinical picture and the location of the tumor.
- Digital video dermatoscopic examination
A unique non-invasive technique that allows you to detect indistinguishable skin elements with the naked eye and more thoroughly study their structure.
- High accuracy in the diagnosis of tumor and pigmented skin lesions, contributing to the early detection of melanoma and skin cancer.
- The possibility of maintaining an individual "skin passport" for the purpose of dynamic observation of pigmented skin formations to exclude the possibility of malignant degeneration.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of treatment.
- Laboratory diagnostics
The clinical-diagnostic and pathomorphological laboratories of our Center are equipped with the equipment of the world's leading manufacturers. The work uses certified reagents and control materials.
If necessary, as prescribed by a doctor, the following procedures are performed::
- scraping, impression, or fine-needle aspiration biopsy from the tumor surface followed by cytological examination;
- biopsy (excision, punch-biopsy, core-biopsy, scarification) followed by morphological examination.
In our Center, specialists perform surgical treatment of head and neck skin tumors of various localization and prevalence with simultaneous implementation of the reconstructive plastic stage. This ensures rapid functional and aesthetic rehabilitation of patients.
The following methods are used in the treatment::
- Micrographic surgical treatment according to the Mohs method
Microscopically controlled method of surgical treatment of common types of skin tumors, which is based on the layer-by-layer removal of the skin tumor with microscopic and morphological control of the resection edges in real time.
- Surgical radio wave treatment on the Surgitron device
The advantages of the method include: excellent cosmetic result, fast recovery, painlessness, speed of work.
Do not delay your visit to the specialists of our Center. This will help to diagnose the disease in a timely manner and choose the right treatment tactics. Doctors of the Department of Head and Neck Tumors of the State Medical Institution of the MCSC named after A. S. Loginov are always ready to help you.