Radiation diagnostics in MammologyNews
Basic methods of breast research are mammography and ultrasound.
Mammography - the gold standard in the diagnosis of pathologies of the mammary glands.
- Basically, this study is performed on patients aged over 39 years old.
- It has high performance sensitivity and specificity, in connection with which it is included in medical examination programs for the purpose of regular monitoring health status of patients and timely detection malignant neoplasms.
There are also other clinical indications for mammography:
- the presence of a seal in the mammary gland
- discharge from the nipple
- enlargement of lymph nodes in axillary, supraclavicular and subclavian areas
- detection of nipple retraction and deformation of breast skin, etc.
Ultrasound of the mammary glands and regional lymph nodes - this is the main method of diagnosing breast tissue in women aged 18-39 years.
- After 39 years, ultrasound is performed for clarification of mammography data and confirmation of availability pathological site in the mammary gland and regional lymph nodes (axillary, supraclavicular, and subclavian).
When identification pathological areas on mammography and/or ultrasound are indicated biopsies and further cytomorphological analysis.
In most cases to clarify the state of breast tissue and identify pathological processes, conduct standard methods the diagnosis is necessary and sufficient.
Radiation methods of clarifying diagnostics in Mammology also include::
- dual-energy contrast mammography
Necessity in carrying out any of these diagnostic methods, there should always be determined by a mammologist after evaluating the data from Anamnesis the patient, and results of standard methods diagnostics-mammography and / or ultrasound.
Get regular checkups and stay healthy!#Переведено YandexTranslate