Efferent therapy at MCSCNews
One of the traditional methods of treating many diseases is drug therapy.
- However, for some diseases there are no effective drugs or their use leads to side effects.
In such cases, doctors use efferent therapy techniques.
Efferent therapy (extracorporeal hemocorrection or apheresis) is a set of methods that allows dividing blood into components (platelets, leukocytes, erythrocytes and plasma) for its purification and subsequent return to the patient using special equipment.
- Such procedures also normalize its composition.
There are more than 30 different methods of hemocorrection. In the Department of Anesthesiology-Resuscitation of MCSC named after A.S. Loginov, our specialists perform:
- cascade and selective plasma filtration
More than 250 such procedures are carried out annually in our Center using modern equipment.
Cascade and selective plasma filtration have shown their effectiveness in the treatment of diseases:
– cardiovascular system:
- familial hypercholesterolemia
- arterial hypertension
- coronary heart disease
– respiratory system:
- fibrolyzing alveolitis
- sarcoidosis of the lungs
- bronchial asthma
– nervous system:
- chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy
- multiple sclerosis
- Myasthenia gravis
- rigid man syndrome
- Guillain-Barre syndrome
– reproductive system:
- chronic genital infections (chronic colpitis, cervicitis, salpingoophoritis, endometritis)
- habitual miscarriage of pregnancy
- climacteric syndrome
- premenstrual syndrome
- hepatitis of various etiologies
- primary biliary cholangitis, primary sclerosing cholangitis
Erythrocytopheresis, thrombocytopheresis, leukocytopheresis are used in the treatment of patients with blood diseases:
- essential thrombocythemia
- secondary erythrocytoses
What needs to be done before the procedure?
Have a good rest and sleep, have breakfast (dairy products are undesirable), drink 0.3-0.5 liters of liquid in at least 1 hour.
- In the evening before and on the day of apheresis, you should not take medications to reduce blood pressure, as well as medications that affect blood clotting, if their reception is not coordinated with the doctor performing the procedure.
Is the apheresis procedure painful?
No, there will be no unpleasant and painful sensations.
What will happen before and during the apheresis?
At the first stage, the blood is divided into shaped elements and plasma.
- A special filter or centrifuge can be used for this.
Subsequently, the plasma is passed through another filter with smaller pores, which cut off or bind harmful components.
- Plasma after removal of these substances connects with blood cells and returns to the patient.
How long does the apheresis procedure last?
The apheresis procedure lasts on average from 2 to 5 hours. Its duration depends on the type of procedure and the speed of blood flow, which is due to the condition of the vessels.
How often should the procedure be performed?
The frequency of procedures is determined individually. Usually you should start with 2 procedures per month, with an interval of 2 weeks.
- Subsequently, the frequency is determined by the level of cholesterol and "bad" lipoproteins before the next procedure.
- As soon as this level begins to decrease relative to the baseline from the start of treatment, the interval between procedures can be gradually increased.
What are the risks of apheresis?
According to studies, adverse reactions and complications may occur in less than 1% of patients.
- Usually they are associated with the individual characteristics of the patient's response to the blood purification procedure.
The Department of Anesthesiology-intensive care MCSC has everything you need to stop adverse reactions and complications.
What should I do after the procedure?
Immediately after the end of the procedure, it is better to relax, relax, drink liquids (tea, juice, mineral water).
- It is not recommended to expose yourself to physical exertion, get behind the wheel.
In the Department of Anesthesiology-Intensive Care MCSC, these techniques are performed under constant monitoring of vital functions of the body and laboratory monitoring of the condition of internal organs.
As a result, the blood is cleansed of harmful substances, components of inflammation, etc., its indicators and composition improve, the patient begins to feel better.
You can make an appointment for the procedure by calling the call center: +7 (495) 304-30-39.